Rules & Guidelines - Lake Region
Policy: Pharmaceutical Displays/Representatives
Purpose: Ensure drug samples and drug information are controlled.
Statement of Policy: Pharmaceutical displays will be controlled by the pharmacy.
* Hospital pharmaceutical displays can only be scheduled through the pharmacy department. The displays are located in the hallway adjacent to the doctor's lounge on ground floor.
* Pharmaceutical representatives are not allowed in patient care areas without permission of the pharmacy department and nursing.
* The promotion of non formulary items is discouraged.
* Samples can not be left unattended or delivered any place in the hospital (The hospital has a no samples allowed policy)
* Concerning situations where it has been determined that the representative has broken the above policies or the manufacturer has violated ethical standards. The pharmacy reserves the right to prohibit a representative or manufacturer from having a display.
* A copy of this policy will be placed in the display sign up book.